More Australians are walking regularly for health and well-being.
Research shows that regular walking not only aids fitness and health but also enhances our thinking and creativity. To know more about the many benefits of walking, have a look at our reading list below.
Whether you walk to work, participate in a walking group or undertake more serious trekking and bushwalking activities, our Walking naturally workshop will help you to discover how to co-operate with your inherent physical design, avoid stress and injury and experience more ease and pleasure.
The two hour workshop will focus on the following:
- The structure of the feet and their dynamic relationship with the ground.
- Achieving flow through the correct employment of the leg joints: ankles, knees and hips.
- Walking with the support of the back.
- The constructive participation of the arms and hands.
- The role of eyes and ears in lively walking.
- The co-ordination of the whole self in the act of walking.
The ‘Keys to natural walking’ workshop will be an economic and enjoyable way to discover stress-free and pleasurable walking.
There will be time to experiment, share your observations and ask questions.
When: Saturday, November 24, 2 – 4.30 pm.
Where: 7 Turns Dance Studio, 159a McCrae Street Bendigo 3550
To find out more and/or book a place, you can call or email us:
Paul 0408 566 909
Jane 0423 693 69
Places are limited and bookings are essential.